There will always be a need for professional recruiters especially when the search is for passive candidates. Candidates want to talk to employers and employers that make that easy – win. I’m convinced there are plenty of active and semi-active candidates employers can reach. Like most well-executed competencies, it’s about strong processes:
- alignment with Strategy – culture, vision, mission, values
- well-defined processes from sourcing to on-boarding
- candidate assessment tools (often can be leveraged for professional development too)
- clearly defined roles
- goals and a way to measure them
- leveraging technology
- marketing (but with a focus on a different audience – candidates)
- when and how to leverage outside help
If Retention is also on the list of how to get better…start here.
To often these tasks are left with the “HR” person yet they get are left to their own to figure it out.
I bring 25 years of C-Level experience Building Winning Teams. Often for less than the cost of one outsourced placement fee – solutions and a process can be implemented to:
- Save $$ on outside recruiting
- Speed the time to fill roles (critical if scaling)
- Improve the quality of candidates and hires
- Build a Candidate Community
- Improve Retention
In 2018 – Win the war on great talent.
David McKnight, MBA